By Maroon & White |
December 2018 saw the creation of the President’s Advisory Council on Indigenous Affairs. Members include:
- Chief Bob Gloade BComm’93, Chief of the Millbrook First Nation (and member of the Saint Mary’s University Board of Governors);
- Dr. Donald Julien DCL ’17 Executive Director of the Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq;
- Pamela Glode-Desrochers, Executive Director of the Mi’kmaw Native Friendship Centre;
- Jarvis Googoo BA’05, the Director of Health for the Atlantic Policy Congress of First Nation Chiefs Secretariat and a member of the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society; and
- Ann Sylliboy, Post-secondary Consultant for Mi'kmaw Kina'matnewe.
The council provides an external viewpoint for Indigenous supports on campus and Indigenous issues facing the post-secondary sector.